A brief history - Phil Lee
In honour of Phil's memory, TAFC now present an annual award - The Phil Lee Award - to an individual or individuals associated with the club 'in recognition of their dedication, enthusiasm and voluntary service behind the scenes.'
The Objectives of the club are:
- To advance the amateur sport of association football;
- To promote the participation in healthy recreation for the benefit of people aged between 6 to 17 years old resident in Teddington and the surrounding area by the provision of facilities for playing association football (facilities means land, buildings, equipment and organising football activities) and organising social activities; and
- To further such other charitable purposes in Teddington and the surrounding area as the Club Committee may from time to time decide.
Role of Trustees and Club Management
The Trustees have ensured that;
- Professional FA Qualified Coaches provide weekly coaching sessions for each team.
- A Professional FA Qualified Coach provides weekly specialist goalkeeper coaching.
- All teams have access to team kit.
- Referees are provided for all matches.
- Non-competitive friendlies are arranged for younger age groups.
- Older teams compete in suitable leagues.
- An annual tour is arranged to a suitable tournament.
- Reduced subscriptions are available in cases of need.
- Membership is inclusive.
- Managers and coaches are supported.
This ensures the club delivers its objectives and public benefits.
The public benefits are that the sport provides excellent exercise for players, which carries proven physical and mental health benefits. Furthermore, the sport promotes a sense of team spirit, fair play and mutual respect amongst players and teams. Other ancillary initiatives include the abolishment of bullying and racism.
Teddington Athletic Football Club is run by volunteers without whom the club could not function.
Volunteers perform the following functions;
- Committee members.
- Team managers.
- CRB/DBS checks
- Annual Tour organisers
- Child Welfare
- Match Day and Training Venue Risk Assessments
- Catering Liaison
- Event organisation
- Web-Site Development & Maintenance
- Membership Secretary
- Fixtures Secretary
- Fund Raising
If you are interested in volunteering then please contact us here indicating what area you would be interested in helping. Thank you!